This is the second article on Redmi Note 3.So after unlocking the bootloader of your device,the obvious thing to do is to flash a custom recovery and maybe root your device.And this article,we’ll showing you how to do the same.
Yes! Now we can flash TWRP on MM based roms without getting that encrypted data error.This is because MIUI China Forum member BY~XM compiled a new TWRP with inbuilt feature to flash incremental OTA’s. So all credits goes to BY~XM for his awesome work and please thank him on his original post. So let’s get started.
Now coming to the pre-requisite part:
- Redmi Note 3 Snapdragon Variant
- Unlocked Bootloader
- Download the required files from here.
- Put / reboot your device into bootloader mode. To do that, simply turn off your device, press the Power button and Volume down ( – ) button at the same time.
- Now connect your phone to your PC via USB cable.
- Extract the zip and run the Flash.bat file.(It will instruct you to press any key to continue.Simply hit any key.)
- Now your phone will automatically boot into “ZCX TWRP”.
Now comes enabling the OTA part and installing SuperSu. Now to do that first of all you need to change the language to English and you can do the same by following the instructions below.
Now to enable incremental OTA updates.Go to Settings and check Support MIUI-OTA and Disable Boot System DM-Verify.
And to root your device and install SuperSu. Click on Advanced>SuperSu and swipe to confirm flash.
Note:Now whenever you’ll get the OTA update,just download it and press update.Your device will automatically boot into TWRP and it will start installing the update.
Credits: TWRP,~XM & XDA.
Hope this article helps you.If in case you face any trouble,do let me know in the comments.Thanks for visiting the blog.